Monday, December 2, 2013

Monday, December 2nd

Journal - Reflect on your product website so far. What have you learned? What do you like about your website? What have you found frustrating? What do you wish you knew before you started? Go in to detail about the learning process as you have built this site.

               I learned how to make a template in DreamWeaver (DW). I also learned how to make an object circular in FireWorks (FW). I like that I incorporated everything we've done this year into the site. I have what we did with the travel website, I have links, and all that jazz. What I've found frustrating is, that one time, I accidentally changed something that wasn't on the template and it made it into another template. I wish I knew how to make a slideshow in DreamWeaver before we started so I wouldn't have this big open space on the index page the whole way through. 
             Well first we had to build a template so we learned how to do that, or at least how to save a template. Then for some of my items I had to learn how to make a circular item on FW. It was kind of hard to build a template yet at the same time easy. Mrs. Scheuerman was right next to me showing me how to do it so it wasn't that difficult. It was kind of difficult to make an item circle because I wanted it to be transparent but it kept getting a white background. I finally figured out you had to click on the circle and make sure that it was still transparent whenever you save it. If you work on anything else, it will automatically go back to a white background.    

No comments:

Post a Comment